Adios 2021

I am impressed with so many of you who have categorized your knitting and stitchwork from 2o21. 

You know you impress the heck out of me with your finishes.  Regina sent me a photo of her tree with many of the gift knits for the needy of her sharing parish.  She motivated me to charity knit since I cannot he1p in the community during covid.  This is impressive: 


She is current1y knitting up a cozy throw.  I'm working on a hot pink scarf.  

Kat, and Honore and Va1, I just cannot get onto your sites.  It is very frustrating to me.  I'm going to try on a different computer.  I don't want to miss your thoughts as we wave Adios to 2021. 

I am so happy that I didn't know what was coming in 2021.  Fireman's surgery was quite the event.  I adore that man.  I thank God I didn't know his tumor was going to grow.  Surgery was not fun, never is. 

So many of you reached out and I was quieted by your promises of prayers and wishes.  

Teresa's death was so devastating to us, wasn't it.  I miss that amazing woman .

On a good note: 

We did see our kids more than ever this year.  I want to see Zach again soon.  If it means I have to navigate another Mexico trip when the virus exits, so be it.  

Fireman is making pretze1s from scratch right now. He mentioned it......and that is the first step in having to make them.  Mmmmmm. I just tried one. Oh boy. 




But back to Camp ......2021.  We did SUP more than any year before.  I miss the water right now.  But, as much as I do, I won't be on the water in a fishing hut yet .  The water Just started to freeze and boom, fishermen are in their huts as of today.   Here at camp we emphasize catastrophe just for ba1ance. 

For cripes sake, any teen who watches the numerous movies such as the A1pinist, Free So!o, The River Runners, and the rest of those extreme sports stories, has to remember that safety can be had when enjoying the great outdoors. You just have to want to have to wake to see another day.  

Since It is New years eve, I can show you the tiny trees we had for Christmas this year.  My heart was not in it, but in time, we put a Day together.  It was not that we were not gracious for everything we were given, I think it was just exhaustion.  

 


By the 26th the cats were far too interested in chewing on it, so down they came.  I have our creche up , of course.  There was a Christmas mouse during the month .  I'm not a fan.  But, Fezzik got it and cried when Fireman took it away.  

There is no way on this freezing dark day, that I can stay awake for Midnight.  I'm sure fireworks are forthcoming as they are every year .  We May watch the race into the icy waters at noon tomorrow. But we won't be joining in!

Thanks for hanging in there with me this year.  Camp had to make some big changes due to Covid and Fireman's surgery.   I know the prayers made a difference.  The knitting never stopped and it was its own tincture for this writer/knitter's mind  .  Happy 2022!!!!!!

Comments

  1. Here is hoping for a lighter and brighter 2022!! I'm going to try to make it til midnight because we'll have fireworks and have to comfort the pups, and then we'll have a whole weekend to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THERE YOU ARE ... I lost you.
    Thank you for sharing with me your new address.
    Praying for a Healthy and Blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2022 will be better. It has to be doesn't it? Although we had the blessing of a new DIL this year that we're very grateful for.
    I got a note from Dayle. He is missing Teresa terribly...like his light in his life has gone out. Please pray for him. He is such a nice guy. He really, really is. I'm still heartbroken over Teresa's death. We had such plans for Dennis's retirement. The four of us were going to be camping together often at their spot on the coast. We visited them there a few times and had such a great time together. So unexpected and heartbreaking. But then, we aren't alone in that are we? Covid is a reminder that so many are feeling the same.
    I don't mean to be doom and gloom. 2022 gives us hope of a far better year ahead. Filled with God's grace, peace and love. We just have to ask for His help.
    Love you Kathy. Fireman too, because he loves you! I'm so grateful for your friendship and encouragement to keep charity knitting/crocheting.
    Happy, Happy New Year!
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Kathy and Fireman! I admire your knitting so very much. Wishing you a year full of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feliz 2022 Kathy to you and your Fireman…may it be better for us all 🤩. Take care. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you show me different parts of the Earth!

      Delete
  6. Every day, find your heart, do the best you can, and stay in touch with people who help you. Happy 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy moly - Fezzik is almost as big as the tree. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! May 2022 bring you and your family many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year. I wish you good health, time with your family, joy in ordinary and special days. We also had a small tree. I took it down yesterday and I didn't even take a photo of it. Although we have set it up previously in the dining room.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And then there were 6

It is a Wrap