I Do Think It was Meant to Be! Knitting knitting for Char-it-y!

 

Here's to charity knit number 5. 

The big chunky hot pink yarn is Bernat's Softee Chunky in Hot Pink.  100% Acr.....

This one comes to 4 feet.  It wraps just fine around the face.  Don't you think?  I read today that my very own town is the center for donations such as this ( and they are due January 7th).  I'm no Regina, but I hope to have 6 items to bring to town this week .  I wi11 continue to do some charity knitting, but my hands need a break.  I'm aching for some sheep yarn.   By charity knitting , I came to appreciate the rest of you who do so much more in this department.  Maybe I can do this for my town every December.  As for now I have another hot pink something to knit up quick.  

Fireman and I had the rest of THE ham tonight.  I had frozen some that was not eaten on Christmas Eve. 

We had .....as the Fireman say: POTONIONS.   These means, of courses, shoestring potatoes and onions .  I added the yummy ham.   (pronounced Poe ton yons) We remain out of physica1 contact with humanity, and we are anxious to see humans again.  But, it is too soon.  We can outwit this.  (they say that on Survivor) 

In other good news: 

My dear daughter has a cat that has adopted her . Target , they named him.  For many weeks they have fed him, had him neutered ,and now he is coming into their warm box on the porch.   They made it  for him  and he hasn't wanted to go in it. But tonight...... I guess it needed to get freezing.  She just sent the cutest photo of him snug as a bug in a rug outside in the box.  



As for me and mine, Santa brought a cat tree.  Fezzik wasted no time in getting to the top of it.  He's the king of the thing.  Bea goes into the hiding box more than any other.  Tank wants no part of it.  Miss Pie has been on twice.  She's managing it ok.  She did take a trip, from the short perch down. But, she is fine. Her not having vision, never keeps her down.  She may be vying for top by the end of the week with Fezz. 

Fireman put the gargantuan tree together for us.  

Happy New Year dear ones.  Hope you start it out with yarn!


Comments

  1. Hi Kathy! Congrats on knit number 5. It looks SO good on you! I have knitted 16 1/2 pair of mittens since Christmas Eve. I have to knit 8 1/2 more pair by the end of this week to have caught up to where I should be. I need 26 pair and then I can go back to my 2 pair a week in order to have my goal by fall. I put mitten making aside to finish Christmas gifts and now I feel pressure. I don't like pressure. :-)
    Your cat tree is amazing. I'm sure they all love it and Fezzik looks great up there.
    Happy New Year to you my dear friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wil.You are dedicated to your mitten goals. !!!!!You inspired me to charity knit too!

      Delete
  2. That is a wonderful cat tree. Fez is King of the World up there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to 'meet' Target virtually, and the cat tree is amazing! Happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scarf looks SO cozy; good on you.

    Fezzik definitely fits on The Top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Kim. It's snowy and cold here. Someone will be the warmer for it I hope!

      Delete
  5. Fez as King is perfect. I want Miss Pie to get up there too! Show a pic of Target, please...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. They love it. They need The stimulation of vertical perches

      Delete
  7. Good on you for doing some charity knitting. That scarf is going to keep some one warm. I do a little on and off through the year. My husband and I are going to fill a Little Free Pantry later in January. It's volunteer work that doesn't involve interaction with others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holly loves her cat tree and sometime sleeps on top of it. How nice that your daughter has cared for a stray who is adopting her :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one snazzy cat tree! Lucky Fezzik; he's such a rockstar.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And then there were 6

It is a Wrap

Adios 2021