Yarn Gift from my daughter . This Christmas!


 Okay if this site gives me issues...........I dunno. I just dunno.  

Todays photos: Yesterday was a bust.  I'm happy with you seeing the charity knit there.  This is Uneek number 69 sock yarn.  My dear daughter gifted it to me for Christmas. It is tempting me.  For now, however, I continue to knit for charity. I am on to a easy bright pink scarf.  

The green mug was a gift.  You can imagine it is heavy, but it is not.  I'm surprised when I pick up my coffee!  

I'm reading a book you can pick up and just read a few fun pages, at a time.  C. Berens wrote the Midwest Guide.   There is information on how many minutes it takes us to say a goodbye.  He teaches us ranch dressing must accompany most dishes.  Hot dishes.  He teaches us about stop and go, Kwik Mart etc.  I have to say Gas Station cuisine was never on  my radar.  I gotta say, the Kwik Mart makes the most amazing banana cake.  It is the frosting and the bananas of course, that make it so good.   I think they have the best cinnamon buns anywhere.  ANYWHERE.  Before we moved, gas station food consumption was not approved.  Now it is a destination.  "Hey, want to go to the Kwik mart?  Pick up a few brownies? " 

Here at Winter camp, we hope for a good snow pack for our hikes.  If you read Kim, and most of you do! she went winter caching.  Perhaps Fireman and I might try.  It might be fun.  Have you tried it? 

Fireman's painting by number again.  It is great for him.  Frame worthy!

How are you?  It is good to be back.  I've decided to use Irisheyes for my format.  Use photos. AND, not use any words that substitute numbers for consonants....

hows that for a New years you know what? 



 




Comments

  1. KNittinggenes is the new name of this knit site

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should definitely try it! I bet there are a lot near you. www.geocaching.com and you can check and see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you too! The mug and yarn are so pretty together. What nice gifts. I am hoping for the first real snow here on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty mug. The yarn will make some lovely socks for someone. I'm glad I found my way here. We've had a week of snow - highly unusual and highly enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty yarn and a lovely mug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you again! Love that pretty sock yarn. We're having our first snow of the season on Saturday. At least that's what the forecasters say. Anywhere from 3-15 inches, depending on the channel! I can't believe we will have actually gotten to January 1 with no snow, can you?
    I've actually read the Midwest Guide. I don't remember all of it, just parts. It was pretty acurate from my recollection. :-)
    So glad you're back!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to have you back in blog land Kathy! :-). Lovely mug and smashing yarn. I am very partial to banana cake and the family seem to like my version of it LOL. keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How could I forget to add...Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year. xx. A x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely gifts, both yarn and mug. I hope you had a lovely Christmas and wishing you and your family a happy, healthy and peaceful 2022.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And then there were 6

It is a Wrap

Adios 2021